About Piccirillo Sciencetelling
Piccirillo Sciencetelling performs interactive family shows that
use science experiments to tell stories throughout New Jersey and
Pennsylvania. Each high-energy show is performed by a
Scienceteller (part Scientist and part Storyteller) for schools,
libraries, scouts, and parties.
Summary of Position - Scienceteller
Here is an opportunity to perform, to teach, and to have fun!
We are looking for self-motivated candidates to perform solo 45
minute Sciencetelling programs. This is a part-time, flexible
Scienceteller are responsible
for picking up equipment, driving to the show location, performing
the show, and returning the equipment. Continual paid training
- Learn the components of the shows, which include the story, the
science, and the actions.
- Drive to the show location, set up the equipment, perform the
show, breakdown the equipment, clean up, and drive to the next show
by yourself within specific timeframes.
- Keep open communication channels with the customer the day of the
- Maintain and organize the administrative aspects of your
performance and training schedule.
- Maintain effective communication channels with customers and other
- Attend regular training sessions.
- Use training and experience to help customers have the best
- Answer questions about Piccirillo Sciencetelling before
and after shows.
- Always leave the equipment and performance area cleaner than you
- Share your experiences with other Sciencetellers.
- Must enjoy working with children, experience is a plus.
- Must have experience engaging groups of people through performing,
public speaking, or teaching.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be self-motivated and able to solve problems to meet
timeframes and deadlines.
- Must be able to maintain and organize a schedule.
- Must want a fun job entertaining and educating children and
interacting with many people!